Monday, April 28, 2014

Twin Weddings

From this moment forward...as in the actual moment I wrote this, not the actual moment you read this (catch up already)...or is it the moment I clicked publish...oh, whatever...from this moment forward, 2014 will forever be known as the Year of the Sibling Wedding. You see, two of my three sisters got married this year, and thus, it only feels right to commemorate these occasions with some sort of obnoxious brotherly declaration.

Of course, going 3 for 3 would have been the actual definition of epic, but to do so would have required Texas to enact progressive legislation or the Supreme Court to acknowledge certain civil liberties are being denied to a subset of humanity, but you know, the world apparently needs more time to get its s*** together so "epic" will have to wait. Plus, the bachelorette sister just embarked on a pretty new relationship so the chances of a wedding hat trick were slim to none. At best, I've simply facilitated an awkward conversation for the newbie couple...my bad...that's on me.

Josh & Becca
The elder twin by minutes, Becca, got married this past January, electing to elope to Vegas. There was some discussion about having the wedding in Houston but conflicting family schedules and other unnecessary complications led Becca and Josh to do their own thing on their own terms (which is, frankly, how it should be). I'm not sure if they gambled while there, but if they did, no matter how much Josh lost...he won big in my opinion.


Sara & Me
(I'm the one not in a dress)
The younger twin, Sara, got married this past weekend in an intimate ceremony under a tree near their home. I had the privilege of walking Sara down the aisle (grass) before giving her away (being allowed to return to the crowd) at the altar (tree). It was a beautifully brief ceremony, which is essential for an outdoor wedding in Houston. The pastor did an especially nice job of acknowledging those who presence we missed dearly on this special day--both George's and our dad chief among those missed. That night, we enjoyed dinner at a great local restaurant, where a sign congratulated "Greg & Sarah" on their marriage. I quickly made sure the host corrected the misspelling of my sister's name, completing ignoring the slight to my new brother-in-law. Oops.

Sara & George
So cheers to Becca & Josh and cheers to Sara and Greg...I mean, George...dang it! May your marriage be as charmed as your wedding day and your lives together as sweet as...well...your brother.

With love,

Ben





No comments:

Post a Comment